NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow. As of tomorrow, I am taking on the commitment to write about 2000 words every day for 30 days. That means I'm going to have to cut myself some slack here, because I will need my writing energy available. So, here are the new, special, November Blogging Rules, in effect as of tomorrow:
- There is no minimum word count on the blog. One ten-word post is enough.
- If I'm struggling through plot issues and need to do some meta-writing about my WriMo novel, I'll do it here -- both for solidarity, and because my thoughts come out clearer when I know I expect other people to read them.
- I'll also keep up with my emotional state as it relates to WriMo on here, also for solidarity.
- No blogging at all until I've done at least 100 words in my WriMo novel for that day. This one is to remind me to get writing done in little chunks when I can, and not neglect the spare five minutes between classes or extra writing I can do if I get out of bed just a little earlier or watch one fewer episode of Supernatural.
- I will continue to try to blog every weekday, but if I have to miss one, I'm not going to beat myself up over it.
I've added a new category for NaNoWriMo posts, but I don't have time right now to go back and add all my earlier relevant posts to it and may not remember to do that later. Sorry.
[warning]Warning: As of tomorrow, and for the next month, this is basically a NaNoWriMo blog. I <3 all my readers and hope you stick around, but if you're here for my political rants or my taste in links, I think it's only fair to let you know you'll probably be disappointed until December.[/warning]