Last night, I was really impressed with the Wordpress App for Android, for the first time. I was impressed because I noticed there was a quick photo feature -- and, whatever problems I've had with the app before, I figured it'd probably work great with its own native features. So I snapped a photo I wanted to show off. This photo:
What I got instead was a block of HTML text that uploaded right on schedule at 9 a.m. this morning.
When I noticed, at about 10:30, I opened up the post and attempted to fix it. Everything looking normal after I re-inserted the photo, I uploaded the edited version of the post and checked it.
The block of HTML was back. So I edited it again, just to indicate that it hadn't worked. I also tried to strike through the original text, instead of just leaving it there plain. That, also, appeared to go fine, until I looked at the uploaded post.
What should have looked like this:
Here is an example sentence
Looked like this:
STRIKEHere is an example sentence/STRIKE
(I didn't attempt to center the text in the post. I imagine it would have been even worse.)
So, when I wanted to brag about my fun little frog cross-stitch, I got a frustrating morning of app errors and embarrassingly screwed up auto-posts to my tumblr.
I have now deleted the app, and will probably not re-install it, because when my posts fail it makes me want to cry. (If it matters to anyone considering getting the app, or who might be experiencing similar difficulties, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.)